So I’ve been pretty MIA lately & I apologize! I’ve been back home with family & have been helping my mom take care of my grandmother who’s alzheimer’s has gotten worse. I head back up to Boston tomorrow, so I’ve been getting in as much time with family as I can before I leave 🙂
Which is why my first post this week is an easy one haha. Check out below what I can’t wait to get my hands on this week!
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, where you can highlight upcoming releases that you are eagerly anticipating!
What I’m waiting on:
Three Dark Crowns
by Kendare Blake
Synopsis (via GoodReads): Every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born: three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katharine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.
But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose…it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins. The last queen standing gets the crown.
If only it was that simple. Katharine is unable to tolerate the weakest poison, and Arsinoe, no matter how hard she tries, can’t make even a weed grow. The two queens have been shamefully faking their powers, taking care to keep each other, the island, and their powerful sister Mirabella none the wiser. But with alliances being formed, betrayals taking shape, and ruthless revenge haunting the queens’ every move, one thing is certain: the last queen standing might not be the strongest…but she may be the darkest.
- Fantasy is my Jam! So I’m super excited to delve into the world that Blake has created here.
- Sister against sister against sister?! This puts sibling rivalry on a whole new level and I can’t wait to watch it all unfold!
- This premise actually sounds a bit like A Crown’s Game but without the whole love interest/triangle thing. I really loved A Crown’s Game & think this one will be just as good if not more so. I have a feeling this one might go a bit darker which I’m excited about!
- I’m super intrigued about that last line there: “the last queen standing might not be the strongest…but she may be the darkest.” It’s so ominous and I just can’t wait!
- That cover is beautiful! 🙂
What are you waiting on this week? Do you have Empire of Storms added to your TBR? Let me know in the comments below! I’d love to hear from you!
*Disclaimer: None of my links on this post or on this blog are affiliate links. If I ever begin to participate in affiliate links, I will let you know. 🙂